Wednesday, May 02, 2007

world of mushrooms v2....

OK I should explain my rather cryptic last post about mushrooms....sorry to disappoint you all they are not magic mushies, however, it was quite an adventure.

The story begins with a Slovak adventure to an enchanted forest in a place far far away...in this forest there were all types of strange mushrooms, especially there were lots of toadstools with little families of forest creatures living underneath. I was told dont pick these lovely looking toadstools because that would be bad and we dont want to upset the forest creatures. But these other bright orange mushrooms we can pick because no one lives underneath them, they have been specially grown for us humans to eat. So we picked lots of 'good' orange mushrooms and let the toadstools be!
Then, later that day, my second adventure began...I had to eat the mushrooms. This may sound like an easy thing to do, but my brain was saying 'suz what are you thinking orange mushrooms cant be good for you, just get rid of them'...and the slovaks were saying 'suz no worries we been eating them for 30 years and look how we turned out'. Eventually, I cooked them up into some scrammbled eggs, ate them and enjoyed....an look Im still here now, and I hope not in a dream, so they must be full of goodness! And we all lived happily ever after.
The End

1 comment:

The Fondant Padawan said...

Ohhh... so the yellow stuff was scrambled egg. I thought you were making some sort of political/ecological/teological/some-other-kind-of-ical statement that we are all just part of one giant cycle and that when we die we root and plants are then fertilized; plants that have fungi growing on then that leave spores for humans to breathe and so on... ;-)