Now that the cold has gone and there is some sun mixed with lots of rain things are starting to grow in our not so little garden. Marty spent most of the winter working hard getting a whole bunch of veggie patches built and now its time to eat some fresh produce. The only problem is that the grass keeps growing really fast and we got rid of Victor the sheep...not very fun with half an acre of grass to mow.
Monday, October 24, 2011
Thursday, August 18, 2011
Suz and Marty decided it was time to upgrade our house, and also try and find a block of land that wasnt like going hiking just to get to the front door. So after accidently making an offer and having it accepted on a house we looked at we had to rapidly get our old house up to scratch and on the market. Somehow it all turned out fine and we sold our house within one week of having it on the market...yay! We were really stressed about possibly having both houses at the same time, fhewww. And we even managed to sell our old house at top $$ and buy our new place at bottom $$ so couldnt have asked for more.
Here is the new place: Its a 1950's weatherboard place on half and acre but its been completely renovate recently...and it even came with a sheep, her name is Victoria (aka Victor or sheepface)...stay tuned for Martys landscaping adventures!
Friday, January 07, 2011
so what has happened in that year.....
- Suz unemployed for six months (almost goes crazy), gets job (CSIRO), stays in job 9 months, gets ARC grant, moves back to Monash...would have been quicker not to go to France and stay at Monash! Also Suz managed to obtain six publications in 2010, which is strange considering she wasnt doing any research.
- Marty still at Monash doing postdoc...think he is aiming to be the first person to do all of undergraduate, postgraduate, postdoc and whatever happens after postdoc, all in the same department. Oh and he did some first year lecturing for the first time.
- Suz and Marty get married...ohhhh....Yarra Valley, Tokar Estate, 9th October 2010. Of course it was the best wedding ever. Wedding version 2 in Sydney the week after to involve the extended family and sydney-ite friends - awesome spit roast! Honeymoon followed in Margaret River, lots of food, lots of drink.
- Suz and Marty spend the entire last year pulling out all the weeds that grew into trees while we were in France. Now we have a veggie patch and the rest is resembling a garden. Marty has developed an unhealthy obsession with talking to his vegetables and growing stupidly large zucchinis.
- Marty decided to become a woodworker, bought all the tools, made two screen doors, a mantle-piece and is half way through building his man-cave (aka wine cellar).
- And thats about it...see I saved time by not updating my blog for a year.