Thursday, August 23, 2007

Now the holiday begins...first stop Praha

I hadnt been to Prague before as I was too cheap previously to pay for a visa...but now that they are a civilised country and accept that Aussies are harmless no worries!
My first view of Prague was through a plastic Czech beer cup and sausage...na zdravie! It was ridiculously cheap something like 2 dollars in total!
My next view of Prague was in an outragous crowd of tourists milling around the old town...grrr I really do hate being in such touristy places. Owing to Marty speaking Slovak which is essentially the same as Czech (say like an Aussie and a NZer talking) we managed to stay out of the touristy areas and find some real Czech culture, ah much better :)

1 comment:

Marta said...

There are not many places in the world, about which I can say I love them. I have to confess, that Prague is ONE of those. It is just beautiful. It was everything people said it would be and more. There are just so many amazing buildings. We found nice Prague accommodation, also tried lots of Czech food, visited the markets, rode the trams, visited the Castle - St Vitus Cathedral, Franz Kafka's house on the Golden Lane, saw the old town, new town, Prague Venice, Jewish Prague, the astronomical clock and more. We were just spell bound the whole time.